I’ve been a marketing professional for 15 years, specialising in digital content for brand marketing, communications and SEO.
During this time I’ve developed a deep understanding of marketing and its various disciplines, but also how these disciplines must form part of an integrated approach.
HEAD OF CONTENT
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS, MANCHESTER METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY
MARCH 2017 – PRESENT
Leading the University Content Team in the development and delivery of impactful video, animation, copy, podcasts and more across marketing and communications.
- Working with creative teams, academics and stakeholders
- Creative and strategic alignment with core campaigns
- Developing content according to audience and channel
- Briefing and overseeing internal and external production
- Setting/maintaining University-wide brand guidelines
- Introducing, establishing and maintaining processes
HEAD OF CONTENT
AGENCY SPRING, JULY 2015 – FEBRUARY 2017
Brand development, digital marketing and and content creation for clients including Aldi, Velux, Danfoss, Rakusen’s and more.
The role was also creating branded CPD content for architects and specifiers under the Architect Intelligence banner.
- Developing new brand concepts and supporting marketing collateral
- Simplifying complex ideas, processes and products for bitesize learning
- Brand and content development, management and ideas generation
SENIOR CONTENT MANAGER
MEC MANCHESTER (NOW WAVEMAKER NORTH)
FEBRUARY 2010 – JUNE 2015
Leading the agency Content Team, delivering high quality copy, design and video for clients including BBC, Nintendo, EE, Microsoft Xbox, First Great Western and Lloyds Banking Group.
- Content ideas/production for existing clients and new business pitches
- Running ideas workshops, training sessions and Unit X University collaborations and student training
- Managing content delivery and planning according to client budget
ADFERO (NOW AXXON MEDIA)
SEPTEMBER 2006 – JANUARY 2010
SEO focused web and news content for a wide range of clients, specialising in telecommunications and electronics copy.
- High quality, SEO copywriting for a wide range of clients
- Account and client management with close attention to key marketing messages
- Brand tone of voice development and style guide management
*Full disclosure, she’s also now my wife. 😉